Here is my Anna dress!
I was excited to make this dress because most other bloggers have commented on how easy the construction is, and they were right. I will say though that the instructions were not very clear, and if I hadn’t read other reviews on it, I don’t know if I would have picked up on the directions to use French seams. This was my first time sewing French seams, they look so clean and professional, I am sure I will use them again even when not called for.
Back to the dress that I made. I again used a cotton that has about 3 or 4 % spandex which makes for a very comfortable dress, plus it’s super soft. Two things about this fabric – I think it may stretch a but while sewing, and I am not too sure on the print. Oh well, I like the cut of the dress.
I cut the US size 6 but I am wondering if I should have cut the size smaller, I would have liked it better if it was more fitted around the waist. I should have made the back adjustment that Sonja from gingermakes.wordpress.com did for hers, and I had to bring the sides in by an half inch on either side, and I could bring it in more. I am wondering now if making this dress with a fabric with no stretch would work better…
I realized that I hate facings after making this dress. Even though I under-stitched the facing and stitched them to the shoulder seams, they still do not want to stay in. Next time I make this dress I am going to follow Kathy’s construction with the straight neckline and use bias tape instead of the facings. Yes! That means I will make this dress again, the bodice is just so flattering.